A YORKSHIRE or Humber artist or company could receive up to £2,000 and a guaranteed place in the 2022 Pleasance Edinburgh Fringe programme in a York Theatre Royal scheme.
The partnership with the Pleasance Theatre’s Edinburgh National Partnerships programme will provide support both financially and artistically.
York Theatre Royal is “delighted to be working with the Pleasance Theatre once again as part of their programme to identify and support exceptional local artists and companies who want to take work to the Fringe.”
Each partner is a leading national producing house with a commitment to supporting and developing new artists.
Fellow partner organisations in the scheme are: Bristol Old Vic, Leicester Curve, HOME Manchester, Theatre Royal Plymouth, Pitlochry Festival Theatre, Scotland, and Sherman Theatre, Cardiff.
The Theatre Royal statement adds: “Working with the Pleasance, we will identify dynamic artists at different stages in their careers, with the primary aim of the scheme being to uncover and support the best companies and artists from Yorkshire and Humber, and across the UK, to present work at the Fringe.”
The successful applicant will receive:
* Up to £2,000 financing from the Pleasance towards the costs of presenting their show at the Edinburgh Fringe.
* Guaranteed inclusion within the Pleasance Edinburgh Festival Fringe programme.
* Edinburgh Fringe registration covered by York Theatre Royal.
* A minimum of one week’s in-kind rehearsal and development space at York Theatre Royal.
* A programming option in the Pleasance London transfer run post-Edinburgh Fringe.
* Support to deliver accessible performances as part of the Fringe run.
* Mentorship, support and advice from both York Theatre Royal and the Pleasance leading up to and during the Fringe.
* Support to build new touring relationships with other National Partnership venues.
To apply, artists and companies should send a pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing the piece of work to be presented (synopsis, design ideas etc), the creatives involved and information on past productions (reviews, footage, etc).
The closing date for applications is Monday, January 31 at 10am. The application form can be found at: yorktheatreroyal.co.uk/latest/york-theatre-royal-and-pleasance-pathways-call-out/.